Sunday, July 7, 2013

BEASTIN' & FEASTIN' Days 5-6: The Power of Routine!

Today marks the end of "Week 1" and I feel amazing. More amazing than before if you can believe that's possible. Life just keeps getting more and more AMAZING! :)

I have incorporated a couple of SIMPLE new routines into my day to help me stay focused and get the most out of my time. I find that I'm a multi-tasker and I KNOW that's not an efficient way of thinking. I've been decluttering in every sense of the word: mental housekeeping, cleaning out my closet, clearing the garage so I have more workspace, getting rid of excess "things" like our extra refrigerator and microwave that we rarely use, etc. Lots and lots of clearing the way for better things.

This is what my morning routine looks like: 


  • stretch
  • read one chapter in the sun (on my favorite spot on the couch) 
  • 2 cups of tea
  • daily goals

This is what my evening routine looks like: 
  • prepare for morning
  • self affirmations/meditation
  • cuddle time
The time in between I focus on the daily goals I define for myself each morning by selecting my top three most important tasks for my long list of things to do. This routine has brought so much clarity and organization to my madness I can't imagine how I thought my chaotic methods were working before! I'm getting through all the books I have had stacked up in my office, I'm spending more quality time with myself and my partner, my house stays clean, my workspace is clear, my fridge is brimming with prepared foods and planned meals, my cat is happier, I feel so much more at ease, and I'm actually GETTING SHIT DONE instead of just thinking I am. 

Lunch at Rudy's Can't Fail Cafe on Friday. I ate some of those corn crisp strips and they tasted so good! Sucks that I was burping corn like crazy 4 hours later as my body STRUGGLED to digest the corn. I was feeling it all night. Too bad... 
My baby made me breakfast post-workout Saturday morning! Chicken sausage with red kale, red onions, mushrooms and over easy eggs all cooked in home-rendered pork fat...my FAVE!!!


Saturday Pinole Farmer's Market haul. I'm gonna make a huge batch of cauliflower rice, can't wait!!


My meals have been quick and dirty lately. Just the way I like it. Lunch on Saturday: leftover turkey and veggie pasta sauce with avocado. So easy, so nutritious, and so DELISH!


Just thought I'd throw this in here since I came up it a couple of days ago. This photo is from 2003, and that's me on the far right. I was a size 18 and weighed about 300lb. Apparently I "carried the weight well"...people say such stupid things in an attempt to comfort larger people...



No comments:

Post a Comment