Wednesday, July 17, 2013

BEASTIN' & FEASTIN' Days 15-16: Finally got my MRI scheduled!

Dealing with being uninsured has been such a...journey. I feel for parents who struggle to make sure their children have reliable health care that doesn't cost them half their paycheck. It's been 4 months and 2 weeks since my seizures. YAY! No auras, no episodes, and no medication. I'm thrilled about that. I definitely still have a little anxiety every now and then but not nearly as much as the first few weeks after my experience. So I was supposed to have an MRI scheduled as a final test/rule out the possibility of brain damage or illness but I couldn't schedule it until I was insured. Fast forward 4 months, a million phone calls, a thousand emails, a thousand in-person visits, and a few faxes and here I am, finally insured! My MRI is in early August and I had my first follow-up with my neurologist today. It feels like a disturbance in my life right now, and I'll be grateful when I can celebrate a couple of years seizure free and won't have to have doctors, tests, restrictions, and medication in my life.

I wish everyone could have access to healthcare, especially people who actually need it.

My first time using kelp noodles. This dish came out WAY better than I expected. I had no idea what the hell I was doing but the sauce came out so deliciously and the flavors were on point! 

Breakfast yesterday. I am seriously obsessed with kale. I eat it EVERY day!! 

Pre-workout lettuce wraps. So simple, yet so delicious! 
Breakfast today. All organic and local ingredients means dressing would be an insult. This was SO damn tasty!! 
At the doctor's office today.

No comments:

Post a Comment