Monday, July 15, 2013

BEASTIN' & FEASTIN' Days 11-14: R-E-L-A-X

I just finished a really great book about self-fulfillment and the power of the SELF. It's called Psychocybernetics by Maxwell Maltz and I HIGHLY recommend it. Anyways, all throughout the book I felt like I could have been the author. He talked about concepts that I am very familiar with and methods that I use everyday; tools I often pass on to my own clients. It was an empowering read and left me feeling good about everything I've been doing to better myself and my life. It gave me reassurance that I'm going about it in an efficient, positive, and healthy way. One topic Maltz highlighted that is one thing I continue to struggle with is RELAXATION  Crazy, right?! Who can't relax? Well according to him, most of us! It's actually extremely difficult for us to completely shut down and be present in a quiet, neutral, calm space. We think about the day, we think about yesterday, we think about tomorrow, we dwell on mistakes, we worry about money, etc. Now I don't actually worry or dwell but I do think A LOT about what I could be doing (like, mental planning) or what I need to do. My morning routine includes reading one chapter from which ever book I'm reading. Sounds simple but it's difficult for me because my mind wanders and I have to actively WORK to bring it back! But, practice makes perfect! 

I spent a lot of time by myself this weekend, I so needed that! It's very helpful and definitely something I need to make sure I continue to do. I LOVE being outside! 


Physically, relaxation is difficult for me too! I am kind of obsessed with exercising. I LIVE in BEAST mode and I can't say I'm mad about that. I take days off, but find myself yearning on those days. I feel like I just HAVE to do something. And I do, but I need to do something different. I'm thinking yoga, massage therapy (again, I was doing this for awhile but it ain't cheap), or Tai Chi. I gotta change my pace up and make down time a larger priority. So, I am! :)

Ok, on to the feastin'! 


Beet greens and bacon...bacon cures ALL!

Smokin' em!

No powder protein smoothie...30g total! Recipe will be featured in my Ebook!  
Chicken garam masala...from scratch! 
Another protein smoothie, this one 22g.

Paleo stuffed bell peppers with cauliflower rice and lean, grass-fed, ground beef. SO AMAZING, I ate FOUR! :)
Recipe going in the Ebook as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment