Friday, May 17, 2013

Kettle corn!! Clean and Homemade style of course!

Clean Kettle Corn

(makes 2 servings)

WHAT YOU NEED
  • 2 tbs organic, unrefined coconut oil 
  • 2-3 tsp raw, local honey
  • 1/2 cup organic popcorn kernels*
  • a clean paper bag
  • Celtic sea salt or Himalayan pink salt to taste
*I used local, organic popcorn and I highly suggest you do the same. I know exactly where my kernels came from (a small, organic farm near my house actually!) and that's especially important for corn because around 90% of the corn grown in the U.S. is GMO


I added roasted almonds to mine! Yum!

WHAT TO DO
  1. Heat oil in a large nonstick saucepan or pot (make sure you have a lid!) over medium heat. On my electric stove the dial was at 4.5/9. 
  2. Once the oil is completely melted, add the honey and allow to melt down as well. Add the popcorn kernels and shake them around in the liquid mixture at the bottom of the pot until the kernels are evenly coated by the honey and oil. 
  3. Cover and allow kernels to pop until there is about a 3 second pause between each pop. 
  4. Promptly remove from heat and pour into a clean paper bag (old school...like my Pops taught me!).
  5. Add salt, close the bag, and shake it up, down, and around to distribute the salt evenly.
  6. Enjoy!  

1 comment:

  1. Excellent Post! The content is well written and the information is extremely valuable.
    My web-page : Pellet Stove

    ReplyDelete