Thursday, August 22, 2013

Easy Homemade Sushi (sans rice!)

Just in case you missed my lunch post this morning on my Facebook page, I'm sharing this ridiculously easy and DELISH lunch idea. I favor keeping my meals as simple as possible, and it's doesn't get any simpler than this! 

  1. Lay out a piece of thinly sliced cucumber on your plate or cutting/prep board. I used a mandolin slicer on the thinest setting to ensure even slicing and flexibility.
  2. Starting at one end, layer on your ingredients. I used: smoked salmon, avocado, carrots, boy choy, and green onion. You'll want to keep each add-in fairly thin and long. 
  3. Roll tightly from the layered end to the opposite side and tie the roll to secure it using thinly sliced scallions or a kelp noodle.
  4. Drizzle with sesame oil or sesame seeds for an added pop or color and/or flavor! 



No comments:

Post a Comment